Benois de la Danse 2017 – Defile of the Stars and New Laureates. Bolshoi Theatre Moscow, 30.5.2017.
Program and Cast
- Victoria Jaiani and Joseph Walsh in Toi Moi, music by Ilya Demutsky, choreography by Yuri Possokhov. World Premiere.
- Elisa Badenes and David Moor in Salomé, music by Vladimir Martynov, choreography by Demis Volpi
- Ida Kallanvaara and Giacomo Altovino (Dortmund Ballet) in Hora, music by Ada Milea, choreography by Edward Clug
- Maria Riccetto and Gustavo Carvalho (Uruguay National Ballet) in Romeo and Juliet, music by Sergei Prokofiev, choreography by Kenneth MacMillan.
- Ayano Kimura and Brooklyn Mack (The Washington Ballet) in Diane and Acteon, music by Cesare Pugni, choreography by Agrippina Vaganova
- Seul-Ki Park and Jae-Woo Lee (Korean National Ballet) in Spartacus, music by Aram Khachaturian, choreography by Yuri Grigorovich
- Misa Kuranaga and Paolo Arrais (Boston Ballet) in Tchaikovsky pas de Deux, music by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, choreography by George Balanchine
- Lauren Strongin and Joseph Walsh (San-Francisco Ballet) in Seven Sonatas, music by Domenico Scarlatti, choreography by Alexei Ratmansky
- Drew Jacoby and Matt Foley in Dido and Aenas, music by Henry Purcell, choreography by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui
- Léonore Baulac and Hugo Marchand (Paris Opera Ballet) in Romeo and Juliet, music by Sergei Prokofiev, choreography by Rudolf Nureyev
- Davide Dato (Vienna State Ballet) as Abderakhman in Raymonda, music by Alexander Glazunov, choreography by Rudolf Nureyev.
- Nina Kaptsova and Denis Rodkin in Lady of the Camellias, music by Frédéric Chopin, choreography by John Neumeier
- Mi Ji Chekal, Na Rea Han, Eun Young Joung, Hyo Hyun Kang, Ha Lim Kim, Ji He Kim, Seul Ki Park (Korean National Ballet) in Into the Pulse, music by Puri, choreography by Hyo-Hyun Kang
under the presidency of Yuri Grigorovich
- Julio Bocca — Artistic Director of the National Ballet of Uruguay;
- Jorma Elo — Choreographer;
- Sue Jin Kang — Artistic Director of the Korean National Ballet;
- Julie Kent — Artistic Director of the Washington Ballet;
- Manuel Legris — Artistic Director of the Vienna State Ballet;
- Brigitte Lefevre — Ex-Director of the Paris Opera Ballet, Director of Danse Biennale in Cannes;
- Svetlana Zakharova — Prima ballerina of the Bolshoi Theater of Russia.