I’m heading tomorrow to Berlin. On 14th of Sept, once a year, the company of the Staatsballett Berlin present their audience with a truly special gift. This season will open with a BALLET GALA to celebrate the beginning of the jubilee season. The event will feature masterpieces of choreography, rarities from the history of ballet, and wholly new, contemporary pieces.
Just few examples, who are going to perform:
- Nadia Saidakova (principal) and Frederico Spallitta in Herman Schmerman PDD;
- Elisa Carrillo Cabrera (principal) and Mikhail Kaniskin (principal) in Augenblick duett;
- Krasina Pavlova (soloist) and Arshak Ghalumyan (soloist) in heute ist das Gestern von Morgen;
- Iana Salenko (principal) and Dinu Tamazlacaru (principal) in Don Quixote Grand Pas;
- Vladimir Malakhov (principal and artistic director of Staatsballett) in Voyage;
- Beatrice Knop (principal) and Leonard Jakovina (soloist) in Transparente;
- Iana Balova, Stephanie Greenwald and Rainer Krenstetter in Paquita pas de trois;
- Marian Walter in Lacrimosa.
It will be a memorable evening.