Vanemuine Ballet Classics Gala 2017, shot on 9.12.2017 in the Vanemuine Theatre, Tartu, Estonia.
Program and Cast
- The Nutcracker, Waltz of the Flowers (Valse des fleurs), music by Pyotr Tchaikovsky
- Hayley Blackburn and Alain Éric Laurent Divoux in the Nutcracker PDD, music by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, choreography by Pär Isberg.
- Amy Bowring in the Russian Dance from the Swan Lake, music by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, choreography by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov.
- Masafumi Okuzono in Flames of Paris, music by Boris Asafyev, choreography by Vasily Vainonen.
- Jacob Casey, Brandon Alexander, Gus Upchurch, Archie Sladen and Matthieu Quincy in Tango. Music by John Powell, choreography by Jevgeni Grib.
- Emily Ward, Matteo Tonolo and Gerardo Avelar in Pas de trois from the Fairy Doll, music by Riccardo Drigo, choreography by Sergei Legat and Nikolai Legat.
- Casanova, music by Händel, Air, Typsi, choreography and costumes by David Sonnenbluck. Brandon Alexander and Jacob Casey in Casanova and Baffo duet; Jacob Casey as Baffo and Darli Iakovleva as Pompadour; Raminta Rudžionyte as Manon and Brandon Alexander as Casanova
- Tarasina Masi and Alain Divoux in La Esmeralda, Diana and Actaeon duet. Music by Cesare Pugni, choreography by Marius Petipa.
- Emily Ward and Matthieu Quincy in Onegin, music by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, choreography by Vassili Medvedev.
- Jacob Casey in Gopak (Hopak) from Taras Bulba, music by Vasilii Soloviev-Sedoy, choreography by Rostislav Zakharov.
- Yukiko Yanagi and Gerardo Olivares Avelar in La Sylphide (English: The Sylph; Danish: Sylfiden). Music by Herman Severin Løvenskiold, choreography by August Bournonville.
- Masafumi Okuzono in Tempesta, music by Max Richter, choreography by Masafumi Okuzono.
- Hayley Blackburn and Silas Stubbs in Double Concerto, music by Francis Poulenc, choreography by Silas Stubbs
- Raminta Rudžionyte, Lawrence Massie, Alexandra Foyen, Laura Quin and Amy Bowring in the pas de cinq, the Sleeping Beauty.
- Marta Navasardyan and Evgeny Grib in Sharps and Flats, music by Sasha Pushkin, choreography by Evgeny Grib
- Diana Lanevskaya, Gertrud Tomson, Eliise Oras, Merly Teder and Triin Mutli in Tarantella, music by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, choreography by Mare Tommingas.
- Amy Bowring and Giorgi Koridze in the Spanish Dance, Swan Lake. Music by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, choreography by Mare Tommingas.
- Maria Engel and Alexander Germain Drew in Swan Lake PDD, Pyotr Tchaikovsky, choreography by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov.
Photos by Jack Devant ballet photography © with kind permission of Vanemuine Ballet special thanks to Kai Rohejärv and Mare Tommingas.